Forum

Poster: Lightly
Date Posted: 16 February 2015, 18:00pm
Leveling and Turns Question
Hey guys, I'm returning to the game after a bit, i've always loved playing this game... it has a lot of really good ideas.

I had a few questions though...

1.) I run out of turns very quickly, I can only do part of a dungeon floor once a day, is this normal?

2.) What's the best way to gain experience passed level 15? I have my first mayor but really want my second one... I know I will need at least 3 level 20 characters for this but it's taking a long time to train them up. Any advice?

3.) Also, if I recruit guards for my town, will they help to stop a peasant rebellion?

If anyone is down, send me a message in game and we can team up towards stuff such as taking out some big towns.

Poster: ooli
Date Posted: 16 February 2015, 18:48pm
Re: Leveling and Turns Question

Yeah turn run out fast. You can try to buy +turn equipment and wear them before the daily update.

Best fastest to get lvl20 dudes, is to buy them in the recruitment office in town.

I dont remember if guards help with peasant revolt. I remember it has more to do with the tax amount.

Poster: Mutant
Date Posted: 16 February 2015, 19:26pm
Don't forget, voting gets you an extra 100 turns a day.

Also, try to be smart about your turn usage - i.e. don't move about aimlessly, make sure your movement factor is decent, etc.

Date Posted: 18 February 2015, 00:08am
Thanks guys

Poster: Cipheron
Date Posted: 18 February 2015, 16:05pm
Make sure to pack portal spells to get out of the dungeon. And if you have extra portal spells or portal scrolls you can be strategic, by using one to zip back to the entrance to a dungeon whenever you need to backtrack. This can save a lot of turns. I tend to explore off in one direction inside the dungeon as far as possible, then use a portal, then explore in the other direction of the dungeon. This is better than e.g. exploring all the area around the entrance and then fanning out: make full use of the portal effect that takes you back to the entrance.

With dungeons, I try and be a bit tactical with how I move. Since you need to be right next to a dungeon door to open it (if you can't see the tile on the other side) then I have a bit of a plan how I deal with doors:

I explore up a corridor taking the longest possible 3-space jumps, and if I land next to a door, I open it right away. If there's a door in-between the spaces I'm landing on sometimes I leave it for later. Most of the time you'll end up needing to backtrack anyway, and can grab those doors. Using 3-space jumps regardless of doors helps explore the corridor as fast as possible. most of the time you have to backtrack in the long run anyway, and can get any remaining doors then.

Also sometimes there are loops, and they'll go back into a door you left unopened: you now don't even have to click on the door, you can click straight out into the corridor on the other side. This is especially advantageous for locked doors: if you can see the tiles on both sides of a door you can "quick travel" between the tiles and the game never takes into account the door's status. This saves you all the turns you would have spent dealing with a locked door.

Date Posted: 19 February 2015, 07:56am
Thanks Cipheron that makes a lot of sense. I really like that portal idea.

Date Posted: 23 February 2015, 23:36pm
Hey Mutant, 

When a new day happens, sometimes my towns aren't updated with gold, garrison exp, or prosperity. There isn't even a recording of the day in the news tab. Days 2317 and 2320 have had this issue.

I was just wondering if you knew about this or what may have caused it?

Also, does anyone know a good strategy to kill elite guards?

Poster: Mutant
Date Posted: 24 February 2015, 00:02am
There have been a couple of server issues that caused problems with the new day rolling over... hopefully sorted now...

As for elite guards - no real strategy, other than levelling up a bit more!

Poster: Cipheron
Date Posted: 25 February 2015, 20:35pm
Here are two tactics for taking out elite guards:

1) have a mage make tons of entangle scrolls. Give each character 2-3 of these. At the start of a battle where you're facing a lot of elites, have everyone cast entangle on an elite. A few will resist the spell, so kill these first then kill the rest. Also, don't bring the actual mage on the raid because they're too weak and other characters can still caste the scroll spells.

2) Try targeting all characters on one single elite at once, by clicking the attack icon below each character's portrait. This means you hammer a single elite to death before moving on, which reduces the enemy's ability to attack you back faster than the default attack options. You only need to re-target once each current target dies. You'll take a lot less hits this way.

Mutant, the game could really use an icon on each monster that is an "all target this one" button. An ideal implementation would be that this overrides the target for all characters except those the player specifically picked a target.

Also, healing can get tedious between battles with a high level party, involving a lot of clicks/server updates and therefore putting more pressure on the server. One simple idea could be an "everyone" option in the menu alongside the other characters. This would grab the list of injured characters and try and cast heal on each one then spit all the results out to the game's status update at once. This would reduce the number of clicks by up to 8 times.

Date Posted: 25 February 2015, 23:29pm
That's really smart thanks Cipheron. I never thought about using scrolls that way