Forum

Poster: Cipheron
Date Posted: 20 February 2015, 17:10pm
Random city alignment changes
Some players in our country note that sometimes NPC cities seem to randomly change their country alignment. This only seems to happen once they fall in the land claim area of a new castle.

e.g. City X is neutral for a long time, and the surrounding countryside is blank/no kingdom. Then, we build a castle near that city, which turns the region blue, and the city aligns with our castle. But, after a short while the city mayor changes his/her mind and the city suddenly jumps to support the games largest kingdom, usually the Red nation.

This bevavior seems a little bugged out. Since the city was fine being neutral for a long time, us building a castle near it should not really result in the city spontaneously deciding to support some far-off country. They should revert to neutral rather than other countries, and any nearby castles should have a cumulative influence on the politics over time. Cities shouldn't really revert to a nation that hasn't had direct influence in a long time.

Poster: Mutant
Date Posted: 20 February 2015, 20:29pm
Re: Random city alignment changes
NPC mayors have their own agendas, ambitions, alliances, etc. If you want full control of a city, you should look to install a who is mayor truly loyal to your kingdom.

Poster: OscarBal
Date Posted: 19 March 2015, 21:13pm
Random city alignment changes
You are not right. Write to me in PM, we will talk.

Date Posted: 29 March 2015, 23:26pm
We can discus it here. The alignment changes are definitely completely at random and not due to previous exposure to that kingdom. If I have written something wrong you can elucidate the details here.

The basic sequence is like this:

cities which are neutral stay neutral, and they are stable like this, they won't spontaneously join a kingdom, no matter what.

But, if you build a castle nearby and cede it to a kingdom they immediately switch alleigance to that kingdom. This lasts a day or two but then they start randomly switching alleigences to other countries for no reason. I know this because several NPC cities near our new castles have spontaneously switched alliegence to Blessith, a country which only formed a few days ago, and which could not have had prior influence on those cities.

So, truly neutral NPC cities won't ever just join a kingdom for no reason, but they do randomly switch kingdoms all the time once they have joined a kingdom due to a nearby tower/castle. I'm not sure what the perfect fix for this is, but the current implementation is a bit weird.

Poster: Falchion
Date Posted: 31 March 2015, 02:25am
Why not just take the NPC run town and then change allegiance to your Kingdom?

Date Posted: 31 March 2015, 03:48am
I'm just commenting on how odd the behavior is. When there's no nearby castle, towns show no interest in joining any country, then you build a nearby castle and they join your country briefly before cycling through every color of the rainbow. It's just odd.

Date Posted: 01 April 2015, 04:34am
Maybe you should put more towers or castles around town if it keeps changing allegiance.

Date Posted: 06 April 2015, 10:43am
You're not getting me. I don't care about any specific cities. I'm just pointing out how lulzy and nonsensical the system is. Having a blue castle near a city shouldn't make it turn blue then suddenly turn red, if it didn't have any inclination to be red in the first place. And then it cycles through every color of the rainbow, which is just silly.

Date Posted: 07 April 2015, 02:58am
you should look to install a who