Forum

Poster: Rathorn
Date Posted: 03 April 2011, 04:31am
Hello! And Experience Question
Hello! I stumbled upon your game and played a bit finding it very good old school type fun that reminded me of Wizardry + Legend Of the Red Dragon (I & II). Very fun elements of running towns and such that I don't understand yet, but are interesting all the same!

I have a question about experience generation. I read most of the threads that seemed might have something to learn in them by their topics and stumbled on a poster mentioning experience is generated by 'getting hit' and 'hitting' and was curious as to the truth of this. If it is true, does the damage done by the hit you land/take affect it or do you gain a flat amount? Also is damage done factored into the equation? Spell damage?

I'm mostly curious because I have a low level mage in my party and was intrigued by that statement, gathering it may be best to give him the best "attack factoring" weapon possible from the back row just to give him a decent chance of gaining XP once he's out of Energy Beams.

Overall, great game for such a simple interface and implementation. I'd love more turns though as I like to play these things as often (daily) as possible!  ;)

Poster: Mutant
Date Posted: 03 April 2011, 04:49am
Re: Hello! And Experience Question
Hi.

Yes, xp is gained based on how much a character is hit, and how many times they hit something. Right now, this doesn't include spells at all, but that will probably change (hopefully in the next release).

You can get more turns by voting: http://kingdoms-game.com/party/reward_links .. also, if you use your turns wisely (they're mostly used up by moving around) you can get a lot more out of the turns you have. I'm still tweaking the amount of daily turns, etc. so any feedback on that you can give me would be appreciated (especially if you still don't feel like you have enough after playing a couple of weeks and learning how to optimise turn usage).

Anyway, glad you're enjoying the game so far.

Poster: Rathorn
Date Posted: 03 April 2011, 10:43am
So damage done or taken does not factor into the xp gained? Merely if the hit is landed?

If so, it'd probably be wise if I gave my low level mage and priest whatever gave them the best "Attack Factor" stat to land those hits for getting them exp?

Poster: Mutant
Date Posted: 03 April 2011, 21:21pm
In general, there's no "best" strategy in Kingdoms. There are pros and cons to different ways of doing things, and the best way to figure out what works is to experiment. Some players prefer to have their spell casters attack and reap more xp. Some find other ways to level them up, like keep the party small so they get a bigger share of each kill. Others might just try to buy good characters. Or some might even be patient, have their mages defend, and level them up with enough time.

So, in answer to your question, it's not a bad idea to find the best Attack Factor weapon you can find for your mage.. it will probably help him gain xp. I'd suggest you try it and see what happens.

Sorry if that's a bit vague... I'm just not a fan of giving all the game mechanics away :)