Forum

Poster: ooli
Date Posted: 18 April 2011, 13:05pm
Various gameplay question
As I beginning to level up, I unlock some  new features (which is awesome) I have a few questions :

1_ How gold impact an election?
Small suggestion: Having a percentage in front of each candidate to see how your expense increase your chance to be elected. Eventually the precision of this percentage for winning election could depend upon your candidate's Intelligence (or could be increase with a spell)

2_ What the hell should I do to to raid a town?
I mean I saw the reading button , but once in the dungeon (sorta) what should I to do? I tried to sneak around but without purpose the turn expense seems like a waste, and eventually I had to flee against a few Veteran Guard (those are tough). Have any level 8 party succeeded in a raid? How?

3_ What happen to blacksmiths?
I found a Good one. And used to get back to his town once I get a few buck. But suddenly, the blacksmith was 1 day old and of poor quality. Does the Good one die? Did he go to another town? In a nearby town, or a high prosperity town far away? Or was it totally random? Those info could help find my Blacksmith back, or forget about it and go search for another one.

Poster: Mutant
Date Posted: 18 April 2011, 20:00pm
Re: Various gameplay question
1. The plan is to have an option to run a "poll" (which will cost gold). This will let you know where your candidate is placed (although it might not be 100% accurate!). Then you know if you need to spend more on the campaign.

2. There are a couple of bugs that need to be fixed with raids. However, if you raid low-prosperity towns, you might have more chance.

3. It's pretty much random right now. If one has left the town, you'll need to find a new one.

Date Posted: 18 April 2011, 20:47pm
Quote:
2. There are a couple of bugs that need to be fixed with raids. However, if you raid low-prosperity towns, you might have more chance.

Thanks for the answers, but what I'm supposed to do?
Kill all guards? Find a chest to loot with an artifact in it? Find and kill the actual major without wasting time on guard?

Date Posted: 18 April 2011, 20:49pm
It's up to you to choose a strategy :)

You can wipe out all the guards, and simply reap the xp. Or you can try to sneak through the castle and grab the loot. Or you can assassinate the mayor. Whichever of those works best for you.

Date Posted: 20 April 2011, 09:51am
In fact the problem was about the stuff to do to complete the quest about raiding a town.

I just succeeded by sneaking around those pesty veteran guard, and what I had to do, is just find and open a treasure chest to complete my quest.

And for the record, When you kill the major you get the town! With cool new stuff to manage in, plus free access to town.

Seriously Mutant congratulation on your game it as all the things I like in rpg: turn-based with touch of tactic, multi-party, simple but rich leveling gameplay, hard enouth (I lost a lvl5 party with a second account, are we allowed to have multi-account?) and top of that some very cool city management and war. You're about to build my dream game!
I will try to get more people (frenchies but rpg-lover) in it, if you don't mind.

Date Posted: 20 April 2011, 20:39pm
Glad you're liking it... there's hopefully a lot more to come in the next few months... and yes, please spread the word... the more the merrier  ;D

EDIT: also, on multiple parties, I don't mind so long as you don't abuse it. There'll probably be some restrictions put in around this soon.

Date Posted: 21 April 2011, 10:12am
As you might have seen, the word is spread  ;)

The guys have already pinpointed a few things I already though as problems:
- Archer are more powerful than other class(at least in the beginning), with Dex raising defense .
To easily compensate for overpowered Archers, may be you can raise the price of ammo. May be an increase related to the amount of total archer in the game compares to total number of characters, with an every day/week check.
- the Sage is useless/expensive. They're already sharing the town and dungeon location.
May be a decrease in price for Town and Dungeon will give him back some appeal. Or he might give some new info, like orbs location, or group of creature in an area. Checking the sage to known how many creatures there is around a town before accepting a quest for killing 6 groups of creature might be used. Having him give the location of others players will be helpful also, making the game more pvp ( just a though, that could make the game a bit too much pvp oriented :-\)

Date Posted: 21 April 2011, 10:28am
Yes, thanks for the promotion... it's awesome to see new players joining up!

On your points... Archers are maybe a little bit powerful early on. However, I don't think it's too bad. the main problem is the fact that you can pour all your stat points into Agility, which means they get high AF and DF from one stat. However, although they are still good later on, a more balanced party will do better at higher levels. Warriors are good in garrisons and towns (archers run out of ammo), Mages get good at higher levels, and Priests are always useful for healing/buffs. That said, maybe ranged weapons need to be tweaked a bit.

You're right, the sage is expensive at the moment. I don't have any problem with people sharing info outside the game (thats part of the design!)... the world is meant to be quite dynamic, so you only get short-term benefit from that anyway (have you noticed that dungeons disappear over time? :) ). Still, for people with no friends, the sage can be useful. I'll look at reducing the price in the next release.

Poster: Blackjack
Date Posted: 27 April 2011, 22:56pm
I'd like to ask something concerning the dungeons.
My party is staying in a dungeon. They are in a small room (2 squares big) without any ennemies. So, is it possible to be attacked while I'm offline?
Or am I protected if I stay in such a room without monsters?

By the way, I'm one of those new players.
Really nice game!  ;)

Date Posted: 27 April 2011, 23:25pm
Yes, you can be attacked while you're offline. You may be lucky and avoid monsters (and maybe the algorithms for that need some tweaking), but you're definitely not immune.

Glad you're enjoying the game :)

Poster: Axel-K
Date Posted: 29 April 2011, 05:20am
Depending on how powerful the nearby monsters are, your party can receive a lot of damage, even get destroyed, in offline combat. Even if you have no turns left to get to the safety of a town, there are measures you can take to protect them. You can raise the flee threshold (found under Party --> Options tab), you can set the more vulnerable characters to fight defensively, and you can move the weaker characters behind the black party rank bar.

In a dungeon, your party is safe from other parties. If the surrounding monster population is weak relative to your party, the worst that can happen is that you lose turns without gaining money in a lot of 'the cowards retreated' battles (and pick up a lot of wooden shields and leather helmets in those battles you win).

Date Posted: 03 May 2011, 12:14pm
Is it normal that we can't flee while attacking a town without being send to prison?
I mean I was involved in a combat against a town guard. I thought it would be the same than a fight in a dungeon, so I clicked on 'Flee'.
Then I was sent to prison for 25-30 turns (don't remember how long it really was).

Why can't we flee but stay in the town? I mean, the guards can still attack us if we move, like monsters in a dungeon.
Why is there a difference between dungeons and town attacks?

Date Posted: 03 May 2011, 20:09pm
It's already too easy to raid towns (especially at a certain level). Being captured if you flee makes it at least a bit harder.

Date Posted: 03 May 2011, 20:48pm
May I ask you something concerning the raids?
I tried to raid Bardscastle twice, I didn't find the mayor.

There are only 5 rooms, I spent more then 50 turns (in all the rooms together) to try to find a secret door (and this was only today).
I never find something. Could you verify that there really isn't a bug?
Sorry  :D

The problem is that in this case, the only solution is to flee. And now, I can't even enter the town where I have party members staying at the inn  :'(

Date Posted: 03 May 2011, 20:51pm
Yes, there is a bug where mayors disappear. Hope to fix that soon. In those cases, you can just leave via the stairs.

And it's not such a good idea to raid towns if you need to get back in there later :)

Date Posted: 03 May 2011, 21:23pm
Ok thanks for the answer.
I wanted to place one of my party members as mayor, that's why I made this raid.

Is there a possibility to remove my party members from the inn? Because I can't enter the town  :-\

Date Posted: 03 May 2011, 21:43pm
Yes I can do that. Which party?

Date Posted: 12 May 2011, 14:32pm
Hello.

I wanted to know if there is a tax on the use of a blacksmith.
Actually I have a town with an excellent blacksmith, I think it's the only one.

I also think that many players are interested in using the ability of this blacksmith. That's why I wanted to know if I get a part of the money they spend to upgrade their weapons.

Thanks  ;)

Poster: Axel-K
Date Posted: 30 July 2011, 16:09pm
What exactly is a Potion of Dissolution? Is it for unblocking drains?

Date Posted: 30 July 2011, 23:45pm
It counters effects. I haven't tried it as a drain cleaner, but I can confirm it's of no use in washing windows.

BTW, to answer Blackjack's question (some months later), there's no tax for the blacksmith.