Forum

Poster: Cipheron
Date Posted: 31 August 2015, 01:31am
Small bugfixes
One little glitch in the user-interface that sometimes "bugs" me, is when you're using the menus to give items between characters.

Sometimes you "give" an item to another character and the wrong item gets transfered, meaning more page loads and micromanagement to shift erroneous items back to their rightful owner. After a while I worked out when this glitch happens and developed workarounds for the problem, which I'll share below, but it's the sort of glitch that adds to newbies quitting the game.

When you right-click on the item, the game records the item's ID of where you clicked and brings up the context-menu. This part works fine. The glitch occurs because when you mouseover another item - even when it's behind the open context menu, then the item ID gets changed to that item. So what's needed to fix this is a simple check or a true/false value that prevents the "set ID" functionality from working when there's already a context menu open.

Inventory and shopping would be streamlined by removing this bug. Right now I work around it by shifting to keyboard for the context menus (thus preventing the mouse from leaving the tile), or by positioning items I intend to move in the right-hand side inventory boxes (preventing the mouse moving over other items). These tricks work, but life would be simpler if i could just use the give function like it's intended.

Poster: Mutant
Date Posted: 31 August 2015, 05:52am
Re: Small bugfixes
Thanks. I'll try to fix it when I get a chance.