Forum

Poster: Axel-K
Date Posted: 19 September 2011, 21:12pm
Where is everyone?
Wow, where has everybody gone? Is there any way to promote it other than voting? I enjoy playing this game a lot.

Poster: Mutant
Date Posted: 19 September 2011, 21:27pm
Re: Where is everyone?
There will be a bit of a promotion push soon(ish). There are a couple of things that need to be sorted out and polished up so that people are more likely to give the game a bit of a chance. It takes a while for many players to understand the possibilities of Kingdoms, and I think due to a few issues, some people don't want to invest that time because they don't think it'll be worthwhile (I guess not everyone is as patient as you are! :) )

There's a new release coming out probably this week. Among other things, it has a much improved help section to assist new players (not to mention a whole new area for low-level parties). There's one more release planned after that to polish up some other major issues (there are still some UI problems, especially around inventory/shops). At that point (if not before), we'll start doing a lot more promotion to see if we can get player numbers to take off.

If you've got any ideas on how to promote Kingdoms, I'm all ears :)

Edit: One thing you can do to help is rate Kingdoms (and post comments) at this site: http://playthisthing.com/suggestion-kingdoms

Poster: Dies Horribly
Date Posted: 27 September 2011, 21:40pm
Like the new area in town to explore.  I've noticed that it has repeated (the same area showing explored in two different towns) Is that something intentional or just a bug with the new release?  Otherwise it looks good and I like the added pictures of different creatures.  Keep up the good work.

Poster: Mutant
Date Posted: 27 September 2011, 22:04pm
Glad you like the release...

I'm not sure what you mean with the sewers being the same in each town? It should be different for each town.... which towns are you trying to explore?

Poster: Dies Horribly
Date Posted: 29 September 2011, 22:22pm
Sorry, I've got the flu so yesterday is a bit foggy.  Went into the sewers in one town & fully explored them.  Went to a different town later and went into the sewers.  They showed explored/revealed like the first town, but the treasure chests were all full.  I'd say I'm 95% sure it wasn't the same town..