Forum

Poster: pelarn
Date Posted: 23 October 2011, 11:02am
Strength and such
i was in a lvl 3 dungeon and has great probs to fight the monster groups there...
my group has good stats in strength, agaility and constitution,and i am not able to hit that lvl 3 dungeon monster groups good,therefore i need vasts amount of turns...
can u tell us please how to split up the stat points we get to have

1.a group that needs only 1 turn to cross deep forest
2.a group that hits all good

i know i need const to get a better move rate,and i need agi to better hit,and strength to hit harder,but since u must carry u turn spending gear with u,what is optimal to have in these 3 stats?

Poster: Sartain
Date Posted: 23 October 2011, 13:36pm
Re: Strength and such
[quote author=pelarn link=topic=151.msg1314#msg1314 date=1319367775]
i was in a lvl 3 dungeon and has great probs to fight the monster groups there...
my group has good stats in strength, agaility and constitution,and i am not able to hit that lvl 3 dungeon monster groups good,therefore i need vasts amount of turns...
can u tell us please how to split up the stat points we get to have

1.a group that needs only 1 turn to cross deep forest
2.a group that hits all good

i know i need const to get a better move rate,and i need agi to better hit,and strength to hit harder,but since u must carry u turn spending gear with u,what is optimal to have in these 3 stats?
[/quote]

You don't need agility to hit unless you're using a ranged weapon as far as I understand. Other than that, you seem to have figured most of it out already, so why not try and piece the rest together instead of having it done for you, wouldn't that be more of a satisfying challenge?  ;D

Date Posted: 23 October 2011, 14:12pm
yeah that could be sartain,but...
i think there is something wrong with the fights ...
i rely on str,agi and const with my chars(all over 25) and still have great probs to hit the bigger monsters.i have all enchanted weapons and armors aswell.
so what more can i do?
checklist:
armor and weapons all 3 times or more enchanted...yes
str,agi,const over 25 each...yes
weapons with high ground attack(halberd) used...yes
always in search of stat enchanted weapons and armors and using them...yes

thats why i wanna know hows calculated...to see if there is a fault perhaps

Poster: Sartain
Date Posted: 23 October 2011, 14:33pm
[quote author=pelarn link=topic=151.msg1316#msg1316 date=1319379155]
yeah that could be sartain,but...
i think there is something wrong with the fights ...
i rely on str,agi and const with my chars(all over 25) and still have great probs to hit the bigger monsters.i have all enchanted weapons and armors aswell.
so what more can i do?
checklist:
armor and weapons all 3 times or more enchanted...yes
str,agi,const over 25 each...yes
weapons with high ground attack(halberd) used...yes
always in search of stat enchanted weapons and armors and using them...yes

thats why i wanna know hows calculated...to see if there is a fault perhaps
[/quote]

I believe the game is simply supposed to be challenging. Find a good blacksmith and spend money on upgrades for your weapons. Also, what level are you and what kind of monsters are you fighting?

Date Posted: 23 October 2011, 18:49pm
lvl 14 and also all weapons and armors are at least 3 times enchanted at an excellent blacksmith.i try to fight lvl 3 dungeons

Poster: Mutant
Date Posted: 24 October 2011, 00:11am
[quote author=Sartain link=topic=151.msg1318#msg1318 date=1319380381]
I believe the game is simply supposed to be challenging.
[/quote]

This is definitely true. I grew up playing games that were damn hard, sometimes impossible (Zork, anyone). Modern day games tend to be ridiculously easy. This is fine for some people - it gets you involved quickly, and makes it enjoyable. But it means any skill in actually playing the game goes unrewarded.

There are some things some players have figured out that can give you a big advantage. As mentioned above, the Blacksmith is crucial.