Forum

Poster: sys32
Date Posted: 23 October 2011, 17:17pm
what empires have there been before?
I remember Sythe and Palladium, but a while ago I saw a group alighned with some empire called Bueton or something.

Time, Oddity, Staberinde and Tuonela are what is left, and the [s]4chan raid[/s] Bay12games players are going to form their own, so what also existed?

Poster: Kooho
Date Posted: 23 October 2011, 23:34pm
Re: what empires have there been before?
There used to be a kingdom called Crypt Citadel, named after a town in the southwest of the map. At that time the kingdom of Palladium was the largest, mostly due to their massive numbers. It was Palladium, Crypt Citadel and a small kingdom known as Time.

These were the first kingdoms.

After Palladium and Crypt Citadel were mostly gone, emerged the kingdom of Staberinde who took most towns in the north you see today. It was relatively peaceful for awhile. Time expanded in the east and was actually made of two large bodies of claimed land near the center of the map and in the east. Eventually these parts would connect to make most of the kingdom we see now.

Shortly before you arrived, the kingdom of Tuonela emerged in the center of the map.
The forming of Tuonela almost cut Time from it's far eastern part that was quite thinly connected to their capital at the time. This ofcourse meant war, but peace was made shortly after by the skillfull diplomats of Tuonela. lol

And here we are.

Date Posted: 24 October 2011, 00:23am
So what do you see for the future?

Poster: Kooho
Date Posted: 24 October 2011, 00:53am
I dont know, though i've heard rumours and as you mentioned, they go on about dwarves and the twelve bays.
Quite disturbing actually, even some aligned with my kingdom bear the mark of this cult, a hideous neckbeard!

Poster: squeakyreaper
Date Posted: 24 October 2011, 06:30am
Our beards are on our chins, thank you very much.

The Kingdom of the Twelve Bays is still forming. We're not certain if we'll claim the very south, or the north west. Sartain, our current head (as in, has the most villages) suggests North West, so we're thinking of starting there. We have no war plans or anything at the moment.

And worship of Armok is not a cult! Armok is the true controller- the blood god! [glow=red,2,300]BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD![/glow]

Poster: Sartain
Date Posted: 24 October 2011, 06:42am
For the record, I'd like to state that anyone properly dwarvish can join, or even head, the coming dwarven kingdom. In fact, contenders to the throne are more than welcome so long as they're a dwarf :)

Date Posted: 26 October 2011, 15:25pm
There is a garrison here owned by the party "Cachambi" (Kingdom of Ingl)

???

Poster: deityrox
Date Posted: 27 May 2012, 02:24am

Link to Youtube video http://youtu.be/DlZyW5sart8
I would recommend you enable HD

Poster: yatyisam
Date Posted: 27 May 2012, 07:23am
I love the map video.  Very cool!  Thanks for putting that together. 

A few things came to mind:

1) It seems like there is never more than a few (3-5) kingdoms at any one time.  Is there a reason for this?  Is it that difficult to start a kingdom?  Is this built into the game mechanics somehow?  I am not high enough level yet to find out.  Just curious what the experts think.

2) Now we seem to be in a four-quadrant with one in the middle stable set up with everyone at peace.  The last 30 days or so seem to be very boring in comparison to previous maps.  Any old-timers like to comment on this observation?  :)

Poster: deityrox
Date Posted: 27 May 2012, 09:52am
1. for the establishment of the kingdom you have to own the eight cities and need a party of the 16th (I think) level. There are no other restrictions. You can lose a city, but so far there is one - the kingdom will continue to exist. So theoretically can be ~ 120 kingdoms, according to the number of cities. Video-Map captures only a moment when there is a change of the day. Kingdom may exist less than a day and therefore can not be mapped. As a rule, the Kingdom disappear due to inactivity (indirectly) of its founder/players (Belief, Mountainhome), or under the strikes their neighbors (Heystlight, The Empire), or just for these two reasons (Time).
2. Map does not show what is happening in every city. Something is changing all the time.

PS 1.1 After creating a kingdom you need to be prepared for the fact that your city can be captured on the same day by older players. Your investment in the defense and expansion will be lost without a trace. Chat of previous kingdom became unavailable. You deprive yourself of supporting companions and become a competitor for them.

Poster: yatyisam
Date Posted: 28 May 2012, 02:17am
Thanks for the quick reply. What you said makes a lot of sense.  I noticed from the video that a LOT could happen on just one day.  Just seems like we are in a relatively peaceful time in history...

Poster: Mutant
Date Posted: 28 May 2012, 02:49am
Things are relatively peaceful now. There was a period after Time collapsed and Tuonela and Staberinde were reduced to small areas where there was a lot of neutral land. That's all been claimed now for the most part, and most of the kingdoms have border agreements.

But I think there's certainly room for other kingdoms to arise, it will just take a fair bit of time (pun unintended) to build up the resources to hold on to towns for more than a few days. I don't think we've seen full scale battles over fully defended towns yet.