Forum

Poster: guessingo
Date Posted: 07 November 2011, 23:54pm
newbie questions
I read the help, but it seems to be missing alot

1. How is the town tax determined? One town I was going to had a 30 gold tax and then the next day it is up to 350. Its not worth even entering it. What happens to the town tax? What happens when you work in a town?

2. I went into a town and it said it was prospering. What does that mean? I think it means several people came in and paid the tax. But does it lead to better blacksmiths, quests, and equipment?

3. How do you challenge a mayor to take control of a town? How do you tell how good it is?

4. How does a garrison increase gold? The help says it does, but not how?

5. Does being a part of a kingdom lower the cost to enter a town? What else does it do?

6. I see resources for sale in town. What are they for and how do you use them?

7. What icons are useful in a dungeon? Alot of them don't seem to mean anything. Two that do are treasure chests and a swirl which is a port, and doors. Plus some that have monsters in them? Any others?

8. What does it mean to be on a square and see monsters greyed out? Does it mean they are dead? If so, what is the point of having them greyed out?

9. How do I tell if a square is worth searching?

10. How do I find a quest item in a dungeon? Does the square have a specific icon? do I need to search? How do I know where to search?

11. Do you get new spells as you level?

12. what is the rate that turns come?

Poster: Aesir
Date Posted: 08 November 2011, 01:06am
Re: newbie questions
1. The mayor controls the town's taxes and entry fee. When you sale stuff, complete quests, slay nearby monsters, etc. you raise the town's prosperity.

2. It seems that higher prosperity means better shops, more quests, and other things. Finding a good blacksmith seems to be random.

3. Stand next to a town when you're level 8 or higher. You'll get an option to raid it. Check the town's news to see if there's a sudden shift in prosperity. Warning: Veteran guards are tough.

5. No, you'll still have to pay the full entry fee. Being part of a kingdom grants you access to that kingdom's in-game message board, you can claim land for your kingdom (at level 3 or higher), petition your king for quests, and receive special quests. You're welcomed to join the Kingdom of Dvergar, if you want. ;D

6. Resources are used to build stuff on the world map, like towers and such.

8. Probably.

11. New spell slots, yes. New spells? I don't think so.

12. 25 turns every hour (600 per day).

Date Posted: 08 November 2011, 02:45am
what do you get from building stuff on squares?

do i need to be close to your kingdom for it to be useful to join it?

Poster: Kooho
Date Posted: 08 November 2011, 03:14am
If you garrison characters in a square with a building, you get defense bonuses. Buildings belonging to a kingdom control lands around it, similarly to towns.

Towns that aren't connected to the capital of the kingdom they belong to via claimed land will easily revolt. Claimed land not connected to the capital will start to disappear too. So yes, your position on the map matters if you want to help a kingdom.

Poster: Mutant
Date Posted: 08 November 2011, 06:45am
I think Aesir answered most of your questions.... the few that he missed:

4. They get gold by killing monsters

7. A lot of the dungeon tiles are just cosmetic... chests and teleporters are the main items of interest.

8. It's most likely a bug.

9. When you search, you're searching the whole room (i.e. everything within the walls on your side of the doors). It can be worth searching any rooms, as you might find a secret door.

10. It'll be in a chest, so open all the chests.

Date Posted: 08 November 2011, 23:20pm
1. anyway to heal other than in a town or to cast heal by clerics? I saw some weapons/armor heal a little bit each day. I run out of heal spells before i run out of turns.

2. is there a way to repair weapons without going to a blacksmith? I am finding that my weapons break before I run out of turns.

3. How do I apply for a kingdom quest? I joined the kingdom of pelarn?

4. what does claim land do? It adds it to the kingdom? Why does that matter?

5. So buildings increase defense of garrison. Do they do anything else? What types of buildings are there? How expensive are they to build?

6. What do jewels do?

7. I went through a level 1 dungeon. Has taken 3 days. Been everywhere. I have not found my quest item. the chests have actually respawned. Is there a chance my quest item will end up spawning in one of these chests again?

8. Is searching in a dungeon strictly luck? Or are there any clues I can look at to determine if this is a better place to search. Each search uses a turn.

9. What happens when you do a quest? Other than get some gold? Does doing them lead to better quests with better rewards? I think I read something about raising prestige by attacking monsters near a town. What does this do? Make you more electable? How do you tell what your prestige is? What else does it do?

10. So towns get more prosperous by more people visiting them right? Paying taxes or working? What does prosperous do?

11. What are you fighting when you raid a town? How do you tell how hard it will be? What kind of rewards do you get?

Poster: Axel-K
Date Posted: 09 November 2011, 02:07am
1. anyway to heal other than in a town or to cast heal by clerics? I saw some weapons/armor heal a little bit each day. I run out of heal spells before i run out of turns.

There is not-  at least not in the way you have in mind. Some magical items can cast heal,  healing potions can be found in treasure chests in dungeons. If you can find a potion of clarity, your priest will remember his spells. The 'rest' command on the main game window will heal you overnight.

2. is there a way to repair weapons without going to a blacksmith? I am finding that my weapons break before I run out of turns.

No. Look for indestructible weapons. These can be enhanced by a good blacksmith without losing durability.

3. How do I apply for a kingdom quest? I joined the kingdom of pelarn?

Look in the 'Kingdoms' tab on the main game page. You should be able to make quest requests from the 'quest' tab. You can even name your price...

4. what does claim land do? It adds it to the kingdom? Why does that matter?

Linking towns through claimed land to the capital makes the peasants less likely to rebel and overthrow the mayor in the kingdoms towns.

5. So buildings increase defense of garrison. Do they do anything else? What types of buildings are there? How expensive are they to build?

Like a town, a building will lay claim to 9 squares of land about it. There was some talk about giving buildings other functions similar to a town, but that has not been implemented yet AFAIK. Buildings can be upgraded if you have the right materials, but basically they serve the same defensive function. They are ridiculously expensive in the light of how easy it is to raze/seize them.

6. What do jewels do?

Not much. They figure in jewel quests, and you can sell them.

7. I went through a level 1 dungeon. Has taken 3 days. Been everywhere. I have not found my quest item. the chests have actually respawned. Is there a chance my quest item will end up spawning in one of these chests again?

Yes, your quest item may appear in a chest you have already checked (though I think there is a bug in dungeon quests now).

8. Is searching in a dungeon strictly luck? Or are there any clues I can look at to determine if this is a better place to search. Each search uses a turn.

Do you mean the 'search room' command, which reveals hidden doors? Strictly luck, though I think that luck may be enhanced
by having a high 'divinity' stat for your party.

9. What happens when you do a quest? Other than get some gold? Does doing them lead to better quests with better rewards? I think I read something about raising prestige by attacking monsters near a town. What does this do? Make you more electable? How do you tell what your prestige is? What else does it do?

If your prestige gets too low, you can be barred from a town. High prestige can get you discounts at the healer/blacksmith. I don't know what else it does.

10. So towns get more prosperous by more people visiting them right? Paying taxes or working? What does prosperous do?

Towns get more prosperous if there are more more monetary transactions - buying/selling, using the healer, paying entrance tax. A high prosperity town will have more shops with better goods, more quests available and happier peasants if you are the mayor.

11. What are you fighting when you raid a town? How do you tell how hard it will be? What kind of rewards do you get?

When you raid a town, you are looking to plunder the treasure chests. You can avoid most fights by moving stealthily.  It is hard to determine what kind of resistance you will meet. In general a high prosperity town can afford more town guards, and more of the most powerful ones, the dreaded veteran town guards.

Date Posted: 09 November 2011, 02:24am
2. No, but there will be in the next release :)

Also, there shouldn't be any bugs with dungeon quests right now.

Date Posted: 09 November 2011, 13:32pm
1. what do you mean by a divinity stat? There is a cleric stat called divinity? is that what you mean?

2. other than better weapons how do i raise my attack factor and damage? My warriors raise their strength, but that does not seem to go up?

3. what level should my characters be at before raiding weaker towns?

4. what is involved in winning a race for mayor? Is it all prestige? How do i see my prestige

5. How does polling work? Does it tell my prestige relative to others? How much do i need to spend?

6. how often are town elections?

7. so all kingdoms do is tie towns together right? so kingdom warfare is raiding other people's towns or winning them in an election?

8. are blacksmiths totally random or can they improve? Does anyone have a list of blacksmiths above poor?

9. what do you get by being mayor other than free entrance to a town?

10. is it worth leaving garrisons and creating buildings? You said it was very expensive.

11. how does party level work? I am not sure how you tell when your close to a new party level? After level 8 when you can run for mayor, does party level matter?

Date Posted: 09 November 2011, 23:49pm
1. All characters have a divinity stat. The character's stats are displayed in the character's screen (click on their name).

2. Melee weapons use strength, ranged weapons use agility

3. You can raid from level 8. If you target low prosperity towns, you should be ok with raiding. I wouldn't recommend becoming mayor of the town at that level, though.

4. Prestige and the amount you spend on the campaign. You can see your prestige rating when you enter a town.

5. It indicates how well you might do in the election when it's run. There's no fixed amount you should spend - the more you pay, the better your results are likely to be

6. As often as the mayor calls them

7. There's a little bit more to it than that, but yes, Kingdoms are about conquering the world.

8. They appear randomly, but they improve with time.

9. If you manage the town well, you can make money off it.

10. Buildings need some tweaking. They have some importance to kingdoms, but for individual parties, they're not that useful (right now). Garrisons can be useful if used carefully. They can level up characters and earn you gold.

11. Party level is based on the characters in your party (not in garrisons, etc). Party level matters for a few things, such as forming a kingdom.

Date Posted: 10 November 2011, 00:49am
how do you tell the prosperity of a town?

Date Posted: 10 November 2011, 00:55am
It says it next to the name of the town. See: http://kingdoms-game.com/help/tutorial/your_starting_town

Date Posted: 11 November 2011, 00:33am
how do i find towns without randomly wandering the map? The overview map does not seem to show towns. if i go to a sage, it looks like i need the town name. I am in pelarn and the guy here keeps raising prices every day and its really expensive.

Poster: SJD
Date Posted: 11 November 2011, 00:36am
[quote author=guessingo link=topic=167.msg1518#msg1518 date=1320971581]
how do i find towns without exploring?
[/quote]

You cannot.

Date Posted: 11 November 2011, 00:42am
Have a look at the mini-map showing kingdoms. You can see which area you're in and where the other kingdoms are. Head out of any Kingdom you don't like and towards others that might be friendlier.