Forum

Poster: deityrox
Date Posted: 02 January 2012, 04:06am
Town election
If in the city occurs revolt, and your mayor initiates a new election at this time, even if he wins, after his victory, he would still be killed by the people. Is it possible to suppress a rebellion or need to nominate another candidate? P.S. I think the rebels will oppose the mayor and his garrison. But at what point the rebels will attack and whether it is possible to attack first?
Also, if I replace the mayor, the ratio of people to every next mayor falls on one stage.
I think, has to be some sort of notification of such consequences.

Date Posted: 09 January 2012, 13:46pm
Re: Town election
Another question.
I have noticed in the "news" in town the announcement that the citizens need to elect a mayor. It appears 15 days after someone else's rule. Let us assume I'm out of the game at this time. Will there be re-elected the current mayor automatically, without campaigning and spending money, if his rating is high? Other non-NPC applicants will not be considered. If not, then can we create a special fund in the city, or the point of funding, such as health care, from which the money would be allocated to such needs in the future?

Poster: Mutant
Date Posted: 10 January 2012, 21:19pm
I think you probably shouldn't be allowed to start an election during a revolt.

If you don't call an election often enough, the peasants will eventually revolt. If you're going to be away for a while, you should probably make sure you call elections in your towns before you go. This is only true of towns where you've become mayor democratically. If you've taken over by force, the peasants dare not demand an election.

Date Posted: 18 February 2012, 13:01pm
Yesterday I raised  a tax of 5 percent in the city. Yesterday I had a major neutral rating, but due to some improvements (construction, protection), the rating would go up. Today is my major Approval Rating: Neutral, but the townspeople have raised rebellion against him. I think the pluses and minuses of the impact of taxes and other events are mutually consumed. But the uprising has nothing to do with the rating in this issue.
What to do to the rebellion ended? Only lower taxes? Or need to change Mayor? Perhaps, even, and to hold elections after the change?

Date Posted: 18 February 2012, 20:32pm
Did they revolt against the town or the kingdom?

Date Posted: 18 February 2012, 20:42pm
[quote author=Mutant link=topic=190.msg1825#msg1825 date=1329597165]
Did they revolt against the town or the kingdom?
[/quote]
against the mayor of the city (free city). A few days after its capture.

Date Posted: 18 February 2012, 20:47pm
You may have just been unlucky... sometimes peasants will revolt against neutral mayors....

I can have a look at what happened if you want... just let me know which town it is.

Date Posted: 18 February 2012, 21:08pm
I could just change to another mayor, but I'm afraid citizens will kill him over time. I do not know how strong my garrison to fight with them. Apparently, it will be necessary to have elections.

Date Posted: 21 May 2012, 05:28am
Will there be a inevitably advent of one of these cases, either the rebellion or the election? My mayor with charisma 7 can not handle worsening of the mood of citizens because of dissatisfaction with failure to carry out the elections (which not been a couple of weeks.). Elections are much worse than rebellion, as there is no protection against the large purse. In that case I'd rather improve other skills.

Date Posted: 21 May 2012, 07:47am
Elections probably just need a bit of tweaking... possibly a maximum campaign spend, and more of a bonus for charisma.

Another option would be to extend the election deadline every time someone spends on the campaign to give a chance to respond.

Date Posted: 10 June 2012, 23:47pm
I think there must be some limit for candidates who wish to participate in the election of the mayor. With the current restriction on the level (I think this is the eighth), it's easy enough to make the owner of the cities nervous about the outcome of election race. The current mayor is not able to assess his chances on any grounds. Against whom he fights? This may be a troll Level 8 with no money and reputation among the townspeople, or perhaps a character surpassing the current mayor in something. I do not know how much influence has level of the character on the result of elections, so this situation scares me. Even if I spend the maximum amount possible in the mayoral election (do not know exactly how much), the opponent can do the same in the very last time. And if he wins, I never know how weak my Mayor was in this fight. At the moment, all notices about upcoming elections are published on the global wall, so it only increased my anxiety.
I propose to restrict the registration of candidates by the level of the current mayor. That is, if the current mayor is of the 25th level, then  candidates of players should not be below this level. Or just publish more information about your opponents.

Date Posted: 11 June 2012, 09:10am
You can run a poll to see how well you're doing compared to your opponent. If you're way ahead, you don't need to invest.

There are plenty of factors other than campaign spend that decide the winning of the election. These include mayor's approval (or party's prestige for challengers) and the candidate's Charisma skill. The Mayor gets a few advantages as incumbent, especially if they've looked after the town well (built up defences, etc.)