Forum

Poster: Kooho
Date Posted: 30 January 2012, 20:09pm
World name
Hey.

We were thinking about possibly changing the name of the game to Kingdoms of (something)
Problem is, i'm not that good at coming up with names and neither is Mutant.

So come up with some names for us to think about, if someone comes up with something cool we might use it.
Ideally it should probably be something that has some meaning, but doesn't have to have any.

Poster: Mutant
Date Posted: 30 January 2012, 20:14pm
Re: World name
If someone comes up with something really good and we use it, I'm sure there will be rich rewards (well, turns most likely :) )

We're just thinking about this for now, so no guarantees we'll use anything (even if it's good).

Poster: ooli
Date Posted: 31 January 2012, 01:49am
Kingdoms at wars (yet another bland Browser MMO)
Scattered Kingdoms (remind me of some CRPG)
Kingdoms of Tamunt (anagram for the win)
Kingdoms of dust/blood/nights (for the few emo players)
Kingdoms & Dungeons (hu hu hu)
Kingdomains (let's play with words)
Kingdoms of multitude/the horde/Legion (must be an MMO?)

Anyway, I like the simplicity of "Kingdoms" and if you put a name for the place where the Kingdoms lay, you must tell a story about that name (even a short one).

Date Posted: 31 January 2012, 02:00am
I like Scattered Kingdoms.... there is a "Shattered Kingdoms" which I think is a MUD....

Date Posted: 31 January 2012, 22:38pm
[quote author=ooli link=topic=198.msg1772#msg1772 date=1327974546]
Anyway, I like the simplicity of "Kingdoms" and if you put a name for the place where the Kingdoms lay, you must tell a story about that name (even a short one).
[/quote]

Yeh, maybe we're doing this backwards and should instead first think about small stories and interesting themes, then think about a name.
A terrifying thought, since there's nothing to start with.

Maybe start with a simple questions.
How do the playable races relate to each other? In a broad sense, not just individually.
Who are these people, what is going on?
What is up with these orbs?

Poster: Zangi
Date Posted: 01 February 2012, 04:08am
[quote author=Kooho link=topic=198.msg1774#msg1774 date=1328049523]
[quote author=ooli link=topic=198.msg1772#msg1772 date=1327974546]
[/quote]

Yeh, maybe we're doing this backwards and should instead first think about small stories and interesting themes, then think about a name.
A terrifying thought, since there's nothing to start with.

Maybe start with a simple questions.
How do the playable races relate to each other? In a broad sense, not just individually.
Who are these people, what is going on?
What is up with these orbs?
[/quote]
^ This stuff gets to territory where I can contribute some. 
Though, what we have to start with is the names of towns.  A few of their names can be contributed to past history or monster infestations...

For example:
Crypt Citadel, Deadfort, Deathable, Unholycastle and Unholytower: Reclaimed places which was once over-run in the past and undead stuff hanged around for awhile, before the 3 races took it back and repopulated it for whatever reason or was built by necromancers and the likes.
Rogue's Haven: Traditionally a lawless town....

Poster: Dies Horribly
Date Posted: 02 February 2012, 22:28pm
I like Zangi's take on it since the towns do have some very interesting and cool names.  Maybe starting there can provide some background/history that can be translated into racial or kingdom stories

Date Posted: 03 February 2012, 13:58pm
Problem with that is that towns are potentially going to be more dynamic in the future. Disappear if the prosperity stays very low for a long time for example.

Date Posted: 03 February 2012, 20:34pm
There's also the issue that one day, there might be multiple worlds (i.e. games)... the could all have the same story, but they'd likely all have a different map and towns.

Poster: Edge
Date Posted: 27 March 2012, 06:38am
Did some small research and
thought i did put some down:

Realm of Rulers
King of the Realms
Realm of the Kings (Note: Realm of Kings (Marvel Comic book) )
King's Realm

Kingdoms is really quite good just bit to broad i guess.. only if we can narrow some things down..

Date Posted: 27 March 2012, 19:43pm
Yes, "Kingdoms" is a very widely used name for games....

I'm not sure any of those quite fit, but thanks for the input.

I've been thinking about "Fractured Kingdoms", but Kooho doesn't like it :)

Poster: strogg
Date Posted: 29 March 2012, 18:13pm
Kingdoms under siege,Kingdoms and city states,Kingdoms and caverns,Mercenery kingdoms,Kingdoms and Baronies or Rebelious kingdoms. Dont know if any of them have been used before.

Poster: ooli
Date Posted: 21 June 2012, 15:16pm
Reading an excellent private message from The Greenban Council I though of a name:
The Game of Kingdoms.

It fit the actual name, and hint to the popular "Game of throne".
I didnt read, or watch the series so every thing I will say about it have to be taken with a pinch of salt, but some ingame feature could hint a bit more toward the series. Like royalty only available to female character.

And/or an expanded "Majesty" index available to all player, ( which would increase by questing, and the like), and may be needed to pass certain order (election/ kingdom creation/town raid) instead of the actual level threshold.