Forum

Poster: tem
Date Posted: 06 March 2012, 10:48am
If your party dies
If your party dies, you loose ll of the characters that weren't in the party and have t completely start over?

Poster: deityrox
Date Posted: 06 March 2012, 15:48pm
Re: If your party dies
Not 100% sure. Your mayors and kings will remain, but become NPCs. others disappear.
Also check this thread Death of a party

Date Posted: 06 March 2012, 21:31pm
I really like the game, but this is a major flaw.

I had 4 characters at level 20
multiple other characters
a couple of towns
really expensive items

And because I send out a low level party to build it up, I loose all of them?

I could see letting the party in the field be dead and gone, but to loose everything else you built doesn't add up.
A an idea for the game.

If your party dies and you have mayors, people in inns, or people in garrisons, you should be able to build your new party out of your exisitng characters. 

Being able to retrieve the fallen party would be nice, but loosing everything is quite discouraging.

Poster: Zangi
Date Posted: 07 March 2012, 02:58am
Mutant is going to change that in a later update.... for now just keep a survivable character with portal and decent points in strategy handy...

Date Posted: 07 March 2012, 03:28am
Thx for the portal tip

Maybe when the option changes, there will be a resurection day of all of the fallen parties. :)

Poster: Mutant
Date Posted: 07 March 2012, 21:21pm
If you are really put out by this, I can probably resurrect your party...  I admit it's a bit harsh at the moment...

Poster: strogg
Date Posted: 08 March 2012, 04:33am
How about when a town rebels and kills the mayor,any characters in the garrison are killed as well.No battle or fight just a dead garrison of 8 characters.It does not seem to matter if they are level 20+ or there are loads of expensive guards employed and the town has improved buildings or that the town was taken by force in the first place.Thats worse than loosing the town and garrison to another party.Far too many rebelious peasants around,maybe I should remove a few heads to set an example !!! That could be a new option for budding tyrants..... behead the rebelious peasants.Less of them to pay tax but less hassle as well.  ;-)

Date Posted: 08 March 2012, 07:36am
If you run the town/kingdom well, there should be no problem with rebellions :)

Poster: deityrox
Date Posted: 08 March 2012, 08:03am
[quote author=strogg link=topic=223.msg1931#msg1931 date=1331181204]
town rebels and kills the mayor,any characters in the garrison are killed as well
[/quote]
The simplest way to avoid it - negotiation skill. At least in theory.

Date Posted: 08 March 2012, 16:59pm
"If you are really put out by this, I can probably resurrect your party...  I admit it's a bit harsh at the moment..."

thx,

I have a new party of 8 up to level 5, so I'll be ok.  I just like this game and think some players would walk away from it as a result of having to start over.

I'm not sure how the program is set up, but if it keeps a record of previous parties, maybe the option of multiple parties would be an option.  The biggest problem with that would probably tieing the number of turns to more than one party.  Maybe move the turns up to the userlevel in the database.

Date Posted: 09 March 2012, 06:50am
Day 1246
Alots the Sybaritic Wizard wins the election, retaining office

Morningport's prosperity was increased from 49 to 54.

The peasants have had enough of being treated poorly, and revolt against the kingdom!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Won the election,increased prosperity and what do the ungrateful peasants do ?  So why would I want to post a garrison in a town?If the other parties dont kill them,the peasants will.

Date Posted: 09 March 2012, 08:05am
They're revolting against the kingdom not the mayor. If they're not connected to the capital, then they're not happy.

Date Posted: 09 March 2012, 12:23pm
There was a capital but the peasants revolted against it,more than once.Now the price to name a new capital is very high and I dont want to spend the cash just to have them revolt again. I must be a very cruel and unjust king indeed. :'(

Date Posted: 10 March 2012, 21:03pm
The capital won't revolt against the kingdom, only the mayor... so get a town up to high approval, and name it capital.