Forum

Poster: tem
Date Posted: 08 March 2012, 17:03pm
What does the awareness skill do?
I started a new party and I have each person with awareness.
I was hoping it would have an impact, but I don't see one.

I've done searches in the duneons and I get the same results as when they had none.
Does awareness help with the search?
Does it shows more hidden dungeons?
Does it make you more likely to get weapons after a battle?

What does it do? :)

Poster: deityrox
Date Posted: 08 March 2012, 19:06pm
Re: What does the awareness skill do?
    [li] avoid traps during a raid cities (you simply informed of the trap is triggered when you move to another cell). [/li]
    [li] sometimes in the dungeon doors of some rooms disappear. For example, after an offline you're in a room without doors or you been moved by the portal there. By clicking search you use a skill awarness. If it was low you find nothing. Skill summed among all team members. [/li] </ul>

Poster: Mutant
    Date Posted: 08 March 2012, 19:47pm
    If you search and there's nothing there, you won't find anything :) If there is, awareness will help you find it.

Date Posted: 08 March 2012, 23:05pm
    I have 8 characters with level 4 in the skill.
    I haven't seen anything unusual.
    So I'm wondering when there would be something unsual to see.

Date Posted: 08 March 2012, 23:07pm
    There probably should be an 'active' version of the search... right now you just have to check each room and if there's something there you'll find it.

Date Posted: 09 March 2012, 02:38am
    so it only works for the dungeons correct?

The reasn I'm so interested is that I was in a level 4 dungeon and the monster had a specific kind of sword.
    I was wondering if after a battle if you have awareness you can find things from the battle.  I'll have to try it in the rooms of dungeons.

Date Posted: 09 March 2012, 02:48am
    It gives you a bonus for searching rooms in dungeons, yes. It also gives you a bonus for disarming traps on chests in dungeons or in town raids.

Poster: Rathorn
    Date Posted: 15 March 2012, 06:27am
    [quote author=Mutant link=topic=224.msg1940#msg1940 date=1331248073]
    There probably should be an 'active' version of the search... right now you just have to check each room and if there's something there you'll find it.
    [/quote]

Perhaps search should be passive, that is you should always be searching without having to click a button and using a move since dungeons can be pretty big and they really are random. There's no hint you *should* search so that leaves you with few plausible search strategies. Searching every few steps will drain your turn pool very fast and searching only when there's no other option seems a poor case for investing in search skills/stats.

Alternatively search could be handled so that secret doors could be coded that when you get within X squares of them, you get a message that hints you should search the area. As you walk by a hidden door you might be told something like "A draft of cool air is coming from somewhere nearby..." Then you'd know to search.

I'm also curious as to the radius of search, that is how far out does it "search?" If anything in the game has been an indicator so far, it's probably 2 squares, I think.