Forum

Poster: ooli
Date Posted: 29 April 2012, 09:38am
0.8.3 - 29/04/2012: comments
Quote:
0.8.3 - 29/04/2012
Features
New item type - scrolls, allow a single cast of a spell
NPC kingdoms can now be claimed by a party, with support of others in the Kingdom

Sound nice
Quote:

Bug Fixes & Minor Additions
Parties wiped out during combat will no longer be deleted. Instead, the party will be returned to a nearby town, and may lose some characters permanently.

Nice halfway between ultimate punishment and "no one care" punishment

Quote:

Characters within the same garrison can now swap equipment with each other
Garrisons you own are now displayed on the map.

Awesome. I shed a tear when I saw my garrison on the map.

BUG: Swaping equipment: Giving equipment then changing active character: "try again" error message.
Bug also while equipping item. But not always. Sometime you cant equip a regular weapon, and then trying again make the error
Quote:

Chests and teleporters are now only displayed in dungeons when they are within range of the party

Why Why? If it help drawing the dungeon faster , or having search and fight to be faster, cool.
If it's just to give us more hard time localizing chest.. why? I mean.. should I start drawing dungeon map on a millimeter paper? I mean  why?

Quote:

'Quantity' items (ammo, jewels, etc.) are now sold in limited numbers from shops

Dont see the point, but it make sense on a realism standpoint. Infinity is never a good thing though.

Quote:

Double clicking the 'cast' icon in combat selects 'auto-cast'

Cool. Now I can use my priest and mage, without it being a chore. Could it stay selected that way between combat, like the defense option does?

Quote:

Fixed some issues around auto-cast frequency and target selection

BUG: Bless and Blade still EVER target the (first) upper character.

Quote:

Fixed a bug that could cause Shield Bash to report it had killed opponents, when the opponent was actually killed later in the round
Towns that become free cities will now clear any surrounding claimed land
Towns that are a long way from other towns in their kingdom will receive a loyalty penalty
Added a 'back' button to internal screens
Expanded information about other kingdoms, including their relationships. Information about historical kingdoms can also be viewed.
Fixed some bugs around the rank separator
A message is now displayed when a character's inventory is empty
Changed mayor approval calculation with respect to guards hired
'Watcher' messages no longer displayed in dungeons, even when party has no Watcher effect
Fixed some issues around auto-cast frequency and target selection
Fixed issues around garrison management that could allow more than 8 characters in the party
Corridors in dungeons should now be generated with a tileset
Quests petitions are now removed when the kingdom falls

Poster: strogg
Date Posted: 29 April 2012, 10:06am
Re: 0.8.3 - 29/04/2012: comments
Towns that are a long way from other towns in their kingdom will receive a loyalty penalty.  As if they dont revolt enough already. ;-)  And whats a long way ?  The description seems a little vague. Why does it get a penalty if it is linked to the capital by claimed land ? Will we be able to build roads or something to negate the penalty ? What about if I build a big castle right next to the town ? Will that improve loyalty and cancel the penalty ?  ;-)

Poster: Mutant
Date Posted: 30 April 2012, 01:16am
Re: 0.8.3 - 29/04/2012: comments
Quote:
Why Why? If it help drawing the dungeon faster , or having search and fight to be faster, cool.
If it's just to give us more hard time localizing chest.. why? I mean.. should I start drawing dungeon map on a millimeter paper? I mean  why?

The main reason is that chests and teleporters move around, especially for treasure rooms. It could be possible to save chests you've discovered, and make them disappear when you enter the room if they've moved (like dungeons), but that's a bit more work. Previously, if you'd explored the whole dungeon, you'd immediately know where the treasure room was.

Quote:
Towns that are a long way from other towns in their kingdom will receive a loyalty penalty.  As if they dont revolt enough already. ;-)  And whats a long way ?  The description seems a little vague. Why does it get a penalty if it is linked to the capital by claimed land ? Will we be able to build roads or something to negate the penalty ? What about if I build a big castle right next to the town ? Will that improve loyalty and cancel the penalty ?  ;-)

Still working on some of the loyalty calculations, so there's a lot more than can be factored in. Right now, it's designed so you form kingdoms as blocks on the map, rather than disparate clumps. If you want to grow your kingdom, you have to do it at the border, rather than having random islands all over the place. This is more realistic, and makes it easier for everyone to understand where borders are.