Forum

Poster: lukenukeas
Date Posted: 14 May 2012, 02:10am
Formation?
Hello! This is my first post, and I'm still a beginer in the game (Tough I like it very much).
I have many things that I still don't know, but one of them makes me wonder a little... How does work the formation of the characters? I believe you put the melee fighters over the bar, and mages and archers below it, but I don't see any changes in the battles. I hoped that the mages would be covered by the warriors, but they are always the first (and only ones) that die. I'm missing something or the game is just like that? I looked around some time but coudn't find anything.

Hoping you answer my questions, see ya!

Poster: Mutant
Date Posted: 14 May 2012, 02:28am
Re: Formation?
Yes, the rank separator means it's characters in the second row are more likely to be targetted than those in the front row. It doesn't mean that those in the second row can never be hit, so they're not completely safe!

Poster: lukenukeas
Date Posted: 14 May 2012, 04:04am
Wait a minute, so the characters in the second row are in more danger than the front ones!? Then I should put my mages in the front, maybe is more safe...
Though I believe that the rows should be more strict, making the characters behind be safer but unable to use melee weapons; and if the enemy uses ranged weapons you can get hit cleanly. Even enemies could use formations, so the game could become a lot tactical...Bah, just some ramblings of someone who is carring his dead mage from dungeon to town twice a day XD

Poster: Mutant
Date Posted: 14 May 2012, 04:35am
Sorry, I mean to say those in the front row are more likely to be targeted!