Forum

Poster: Mutant
Date Posted: 21 May 2012, 00:48am
Improvements in 0.8.4
Decided I'd start posting a few things you can expect to see in the next release. Obviously, things may change before the release happens, and this is also your chance to give some feedback on them before the release is even finished. I'll add to this post as I finish more stuff.

So far, you can expect:

[li] Scrolls can be created by mages/priests from the new 'Blank Scroll' item [/li]
    [li] New Priest spell "Farsight" lets you get information about a sector on the map, including town defences, building upgrades, garrisons etc. Gives more accurate information if you're close to that sector [/li]
    [li] Buildings can now be constructed from a wilderness garrison's inventory (when your party is in the same sector) [/li]
    [li] Peasants in revolt will sometimes destroy building upgrades [/li]
    [li] New parties don't automatically join a kingdom, and cannot declare their allegiance for one until level 3. [/li]
    [li] New item types - Amulets & Rings. More enchantments for your characters! [/li] </ul>

You can expect this release around mid-June.

More to come...

Poster: ooli
    Date Posted: 21 May 2012, 16:38pm
    Re: Improvements in 0.8.4
    Good you let us know about future release.

Spell scroll scribing seems like a first step toward some sort of crafting, which I eager to see happen.
    I wish "scribing" is not another gold sink, but a XP-sink, or turn-sink, so I can put my turn and XP in good use :]

I remind you some old bug in case you forgot:

-Auto-cast On&Offline for Blade, Bless,Haste ALWAYS target the first character EVER. Shield and Heal spells are fine.
    -Auto-cast Online (<99%) while PARALYZED allow the character to ATTACK with weapon (didnt check for offline autocast)

Oh new one:
    -In kingdom Relationship screen: concordance error with the Reciprocal Relationship status. For example my screen show:
    Quote:
    Middangeard Neutral N/A Neutral

The second "Neutral" should be set to "Peace" cause the "Info" screen (in Kingdom) for Middangeard show:
    Quote:
    Palladium Corporation Peace 1284 (36 days ago) Neutral

I dont know yet if it's a bug or not but: Shop depleted from missile weapon, dont show any when you sell missile to them. And dont seems to restock missile on their own either (I just checked on a week basis)

Date Posted: 21 May 2012, 20:42pm
    Yes, think I know about all those bugs... wasn't really planning to list bug fixes here, just cool features...

Hopefully will have all those fixed in the next release though

Poster: deityrox
    Date Posted: 24 May 2012, 18:47pm
    About 'Farsight': I wonder if this feature reveal the garrisons stationed in the wilderness or not?

Date Posted: 24 May 2012, 21:04pm
    It will reveal there is a garrison there, and some details on them (number of characters). It will also reveal the level of building and any upgrades. Assuming your priest is of sufficient level and close enough to the sector of course.

Date Posted: 27 May 2012, 03:09am
    Couple more changes posted.... BTW, I'll keep a couple of things secret so there's still a bit of a surprise when the release goes live! :)

Date Posted: 27 May 2012, 03:29am
    Just added a note above to say this release is targeted for about mid-June. :)

Poster: deityrox
    Date Posted: 11 June 2012, 21:01pm
    Sometimes, instead of information about the city, next to which I am, I only get a message like "He discovers the sector has the town of Blah-blah. The spell was recalled! A cast for the day was not used up." My priest is level 25. As a rule, the first usage gives half of the information (about the buildings and barracks). In the the second time it gives information about the guards. That is, there is an element of chance or is there some other parameter that is low enough in my case?

Date Posted: 11 June 2012, 21:26pm
    Yes, there is chance involved... you might have to cast a couple of times to get all the information.

[s]I'll fix the bug around recall.[/s] (sorry, misunderstood, that seems OK).

Date Posted: 12 June 2012, 09:16am
    Ok, I've tweaked farsight to increase the chance a bit... was possibly a little low.