Forum

Poster: yatyisam
Date Posted: 31 May 2012, 15:18pm
Fleeing
My party has been exploring a dungeon today, but more than half of the battles I am in, the monsters flee.  This never happened this often to me before.  And now if I am offline, my party is fleeing at every opportunity.  I want everyone to stay and fight!

But like I said, this just started happening today.  Anyone else noticing this?

Poster: Mutant
Date Posted: 31 May 2012, 20:53pm
Re: Fleeing
If you're beating up on weaker monsters, they will flee.

Your party will flee based on their flee threshold. Got to Tools to set that.

Poster: yatyisam
Date Posted: 01 June 2012, 01:03am
[quote author=Mutant link=topic=253.msg2071#msg2071 date=1338497637]
If you're beating up on weaker monsters, they will flee.
[/quote]

Ah, that makes sense.  Guess I am too much of a bully now.  Will have to move up to the next level dungeon then. 

[quote author=Mutant link=topic=253.msg2071#msg2071 date=1338497637]
Your party will flee based on their flee threshold. Got to Tools to set that.
[/quote]

I have two questions about this:

1) My "Flee Threshold" in Tools is set at the default of 70.  What does this 70 mean?  % of hit points lost?  The higher the number, the more likely to flee?

2) In any case, this was the same party that is a "bully" in the dungeon.  They are crushing everyone like the maggots they are and causing them to flee often when I am fighting online. But if I am offline, this party flees every combat without even fighting at all.  This seems like a bug....  Or are they too strong to fight when I am offline?

Poster: Mutant
Date Posted: 01 June 2012, 01:26am
[quote author=yatyisam link=topic=253.msg2072#msg2072 date=1338512628]
1) My "Flee Threshold" in Tools is set at the default of 70.  What does this 70 mean?  % of hit points lost?  The higher the number, the more likely to flee?
[/quote]

Yes, it's % of hit points lost. There should really be a tooltip for that.

[quote author=yatyisam link=topic=253.msg2072#msg2072 date=1338512628]
2) In any case, this was the same party that is a "bully" in the dungeon.  They are crushing everyone like the maggots they are and causing them to flee often when I am fighting online. But if I am offline, this party flees every combat without even fighting at all.  This seems like a bug....  Or are they too strong to fight when I am offline?
[/quote]

Your Flee threshold is only taken into account during offline combat. During online combat you can manually decide to flee, so you don't need it triggered automatically.