Forum

1 2 Next >>
Poster: Mutant
Date Posted: 24 October 2012, 02:52am
Raiding towns
So seems there have been a few efforts lately to take over others' towns. Have people found that well defended towns (i.e. high level runes with a good garrison) have fallen easily, or does the balance seem to be about right?

Poster: Weebi
Date Posted: 24 October 2012, 02:58am
Re: Raiding towns
Ive seen them fall quite easily(current city im defending all the time seems to be everyones favorite target Silver Dale). but it has nothing to do with power but with someones ability to kill all the guards and many of the mayors men and then run away only to come back and do it a couple more times until they win. For example just today I lost the town back to Warriors who sustained 7 deaths in his party twice before coming back a third time to take the city. Someone can run away and heal then come back but the party is left with people dead until the next day. Its the same issue that is with the castles except you cant destroy the town after you take it.

Date Posted: 24 October 2012, 03:24am
As mentioned in chat, auto-heal should prevent most issues with someone fleeing, healing and raiding again.

Date Posted: 24 October 2012, 03:31am
I agree just not sure right now if its working correctly

Poster: pelarn
Date Posted: 24 October 2012, 05:29am
taking over a town isnt easy as before.weebi is right it took me 3 runs to take over silver dale,and therefore it costs many many turns to do it.but the main question is...should it be allowed to conquer a town when the town has a player owner.
if yes than its good as it is,due a well prepaired player group can defend a well prepared town.
weebi try to take silver dale back now,i have my main group in it,and tell us how hard it was

Date Posted: 24 October 2012, 06:50am
I cant currently because your group doesnt exist right now in the town only guards for almost 12 hours now. But ive killed your main group before and their about as hard as you can get in this game(they will kill you a bunch if your not careful) but if done right they can be handled (mages and way to many entangle spells seem to destroy archers easily).  But right now somehow the system just seems flawed. We just trade the same towns to each other every day to the point where its just which one of us gives up first because I know neither you or me will run out of turns or money anytime soon. Im not really sure what to do to change it other than what I have already mentioned, however I do like most of the ideas you came up with in the other post about a reset.

Date Posted: 24 October 2012, 06:55am
lol nevermind on not finding your party... seems you built a secret door and you were hiding. So I fought them and they're almost impossible to hit with normal range or melee weapons as I got only a hand full of attacks in the normal way. However with enough Energy beams your guys are taken down easily, but without that your main party is close to invincible.

Poster: swholmes@gmail.com
Date Posted: 24 October 2012, 12:59pm
I find it way too easy.  Just load your party up with a bunch of archers with ice arrows and laugh as the enemy can't hit you or attack back.  You can also just specifically target the mayor and flee when he's dead, then claim the town.  (there is a bug where you can't portal out and claim)

There needs to be a limit of 1 attempt per day, this will prevent from leaving/healing/going back.  There's no possible way to defend against this.  Heck, even 1 attempt per 3 days as the town should be on hyper alert.

Date Posted: 24 October 2012, 13:03pm
An interesting idea: if you flee from raiding a town there should be a chance (high chance) that you are captured and thrown into prison for a day or two and robbed of a portion of your gold.  (which is fair because when you take over a town you can get a portion of the coffers)

Date Posted: 24 October 2012, 16:51pm
cool done weebi,but i thougth energy beams wouldnt go through,cause its a magical attack and the defenses for such attacks is 100% when you count the town defenses to this,i found out that my mage is about useless for town attacking,so energy beam is faulty perhaps.
i like the idea to limit town attacking but i find that it makes things easier,when u are limited to have towns as i described above...
i would love to have few towns,build them up,having mines and build roads and such.having many towns as it is now isnt good,cause new people tend to leave a game when one group overwhelms the map,it is also easier to have many players to have few towns each for the political thingie mutant wants to have here.
anyway i stop collecting towns by now, i just wanted to see if things changed.we all have good ideas to build this game up,i think its now mutants turn to see what he can implement into the game :)

Date Posted: 24 October 2012, 18:29pm
Energy beams are not counted into that as the magic resist is just ice, fire, and poison. However their damage doesnt reach near as high as an archer their just not affected by defense which is the only way to counter you. I also like your idea of limiting how many towns you can control... new people right now have little a chance when a hand full of players controls the entire map and can easily crush anyone new trying to take something for their own.

Date Posted: 24 October 2012, 18:30pm
i invited some people to play so hopefully we'll get a few more active players.

Date Posted: 24 October 2012, 18:31pm
weebi or sprawling could you be so kind and attack the town aldercraddle(51,58).
i want to see if towns need more tweaking for defense,my best group is in it(8 chars + 1 mayor)
2 of them are high lvl priests.
please post how many turns you need to overcome the group and how you did it,than we can see what mutant could change.
thanks in advance

Date Posted: 24 October 2012, 18:35pm
oh thanks weebi i didnt know that with the beam...
i think one of the best defenses could be 2 or more high lvl priests healing at 100% offline the group.with the good defense from the town it could be hard to overcome this what u think?

Date Posted: 24 October 2012, 20:14pm
I will be changing it soon so that if you kill the mayor and flee, the mayor is resurrected (if you have a healing budget).

BTW, it's not a bug that killing the mayor and portalling out means you can't take over as mayor. You have to take the stairs like a man to become mayor (the towns people will ignore you if they see you coming out of a portal).

On limiting the number of towns you can have... maybe a good idea. I'm not sure the limits pelarn suggested in another thread are quite right, but some sort of limit sounds sensible. I'll think about that.

It does sound like it's still somewhat hard to defend towns. However, I'm surprised people are claiming Ice Bolt is effective - surely you have a level 10 resistance rune to prevent that even working. Also, you can use mages in defence as well, with Ice Bolt on auto-cast (or Entangle, etc.)

Date Posted: 24 October 2012, 21:35pm
Ice bolt is not effective at attacking anyone in a max level town neither is flame or poison blast. Right now the mages best offensive spell is Energy beam as its not affected by a towns resist. Right now a mage is only useful in defense as a mayor for the various mayor defense skills that use high int other than that they are the easiest to kill out of all the defenders the next being the priest. Right now im finding that the most powerful class is the Archer with a massive defense and attack skill. Mages can counter archers currently with energy beam and entangle. Priests heal =P. and Warriors are probably one of the least useful of the 4 classes right now as they only end up with a bit more Health than anyone else... Something needs to be done to boost their defense.  Also can I suggest war cry being changed from divinity to either Cont or Str to make it more effective for melee.

Date Posted: 24 October 2012, 22:28pm
Ok Pelarn I attacked Aldercradle with 2 warriors 4 archers 1 mage and 1 priest going away from my usual method  and found that your two priests will heal anyone whose damaged including themselves while your archers destroy the attacking group. Your priests have a high defense so getting them down to death while they heal themselves is incredibly difficult as your archers just ruin the player groups day (it took one turn to get my priest to near death). Without mages your current defense is near impossible to take down without multiple attacks to the town. After a couple turns I switched to my mage spells and took your archers down easy enough. 

Date Posted: 24 October 2012, 23:29pm
Don't forget you can use Detonate to disable runes.

Date Posted: 24 October 2012, 23:39pm
Ive tried that before and was not able to figure out how to make it work to disable to ruins... its an expensive spell to fail on.

Date Posted: 24 October 2012, 23:39pm
It works... it maybe just needs to be a bit clearer about what it did....

1 2 Next >>