Forum

Poster: Weebi
Date Posted: 26 November 2012, 13:07pm
New Changes
I noticed some new changes that have flown in under the radar. Coaches have arrived! (They seem to cost alot of money and take more turns to get too a town than if you just walked?!? Also the new town rules seem to be in as well, right now I am over the limit so its going to be interesting to see if I need to dump some towns and which ones will revolt soon.

Poster: Mutant
Date Posted: 26 November 2012, 19:20pm
Re: New Changes
Yes, was about to send an announcement.

The prices of coaches may be tweaked...

Poster: pelarn
Date Posted: 28 November 2012, 21:41pm
the coaches in towns are not good now.they are to expensive and the turn cost is also too expensive.
for example.....
my group is in aldercraddle,when i want to go to tar towers by coach it costs me 9 turns and 2052 gold...
to go there by my own it takes me 6 turns and no money,so what you think i would do ? ;)
to make the coach interesting for travellers the direct way to a town should cost less turns than it would cost by own moving.second the price is too high anyway,i wouldnt pay 2052 gold even if i spare some turns with it,lets say 500 gold(including entry fee) or so would make me overthink this.
much to do big chief ;)

Poster: pelarn
Date Posted: 28 November 2012, 21:57pm
and again to say it would be nice to have the choice to swap sets of gear in a town.so regardless in which town i am i can get a hand to the second set of gear which i deposited in a special town slot.
therefore i would have at least 2 sets of gear,for example a fighting set and a travel set.when i am in a town i switch to the travel set to wander around till i am in another town where i can switch this travel set to a fighting set.that would save turns for better use.
also a town owner,regardless by conquer or election shouldnt have a level below 25,this would make it even harder to accumulate towns like peanuts,otherwise you could buy a level 1 character and make him mayor like it is now,which is stupid in my oppinion.also elected mayors(remember must be lvl 25)should have an automatic 25% more defense bonus than a mayor "pushed" in this position :)
as you know me mutant,i doesnt like the 2 turns strategy for each step done in a dungeon,hope u  lower it to 1 turn per step ;)please think of the dungeon crawler like me :D
also about the choice to make items unbreakable....but enough for today thats another story :DD

Date Posted: 29 November 2012, 05:27am
Coaches: I will probably tweak them soonish.

I don't think I want a limit on mayor level. Remember, skills make a big difference, so there's already incentive for having a high level mayor. Plus lower level parties are allowed to get in on the action (but they might be relegated to low prosperity towns).

The rest is on the todo list... but unfortunately, not likely to get done any time soon (unless someone wants to sponsor me to work on this full time!)

Poster: strogg
Date Posted: 29 November 2012, 09:54am
My party is currently level 14,although I have many higher level characters in garrisons etc. At the moment the game wont allow me to have a mayor at all. Therefore all my towns have revolted or are close to it. Is this some sort of bug or do I have to leave all level 25 characters in my party to have any mayors ? One town that had a high level mayor and a garrison full of level 25 characters has revolted killing the mayor and the garrison.

Date Posted: 29 November 2012, 09:58am
Your party has 2 mayors, out of a maximum allowed of 0. (?)  That  cant be right,can it ?

Poster: Weebi
Date Posted: 29 November 2012, 13:51pm
I just noticed that too, if I have a party thats under 15th level (the party I tested for this was level 9) I drop to 0 mayors allowed, however if I walk around with a party thats at the 24th level my town number goes up too 12. This has to be some sort of bug

Date Posted: 29 November 2012, 19:37pm
There's a minimum party level before you're allowed any mayors, which is 15. Party level is currently based on the characters only in your party.... so it is kind of a bug... for now, I'd suggest keeping your party level at 15. I'll look at a fix at some point.

Date Posted: 29 November 2012, 19:59pm
OK, I've tweaked it so that you don't need a minimum party level of 15, you just get 1 mayor at party level 15. Regardless of your party level, you then get 1 mayor for every 3 chars over level 20. Only living characters not in the inn are counted (as before).

Date Posted: 30 November 2012, 11:46am
Okay,I will keep my party level high.Thanks.

Poster: swholmes@gmail.com
Date Posted: 30 November 2012, 13:59pm
Can you add an icon or something to tell us when we've hit our land claim limit for the day?  Even a greyed out version of the existing one would be nice.

Date Posted: 03 December 2012, 08:48am
Ok, it now tells you how much land you've claimed for the day after you claim a sector.

Poster: swholmes@gmail.com
Date Posted: 03 December 2012, 13:39pm
that's perfect, thanks!