Forum

1 2 Next >>
Poster: pelarn
Date Posted: 15 March 2013, 21:06pm
Restart?
hi big mutant :D

is there any chance to restart a second server as i wanted months and months before? ;)
or will you stay at this one only?
i always look at the forum,but the discussion about it did die i guess...:(

Poster: Mutant
Date Posted: 16 March 2013, 21:19pm
Re: Restart?
A new server will either cost money or require me to do a fair bit of work to get it to work on the existing server without slowing everything down. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time for development right now, and I'm not really willing to spend money on another server (which wild also require time to set up), so it's probably not going to happen any time soon.

There have been a few changes you requested (such as a limit to the number of towns a player can control) added though.

Poster: pelarn
Date Posted: 17 March 2013, 11:26am
thanks for your answer mutant  8)
i asked about a newstart with my thougths of a paying server to get your project to the next stage of development.
but your right,a new server means more work for you,and if you dont have the time...
you do a great work here,and in my opinion it is just fair that we players pay at least the server cost(and some extra for your work)to keep things running  ;)
it could be also,that too less players play your fine game,and so even less players want a payable server...
too bad :(
another point is,that you have to do more advertising for your product.at least you should have to place it in the top 30 browser-list-sites here in the net.
but surely this is up to you  :D
for myself i will look from here to then to see what will be changed in the future...
keep up the good(nad hard) work

Date Posted: 18 March 2013, 20:34pm
It's already listed on a lot of the top listings sites. If you have any where you think it should be listed, let me know and I'll add them.

Promotion is also a fairly active (and time consuming) activity. It also seems to be a fairly niche game. Only a small % of people like it, but those that do really enjoy it and play it for long periods of time. This has meant the player-base has never really grown above 20-30 active players at any one time (when you take into account people joining and leaving).

Poster: Trucidus
Date Posted: 10 June 2013, 19:18pm
Im new.  Im an avid browser rpger and I love this game.  Ive been reading about all the problems and requests for resets and stuff.  I just thought I would throw in my two cents.  Keep in mind I know next to nothing about the game : ).

I thought in terms of conquest and such...

One of the problems seems to be that if some upstart peoples try anything risky, they get stomped in return immediately.

This calls, imo, for secret hideouts.
Ive heard the clamor for player run towns... That would be one way to do it.

Another maybe simpler idea would be to implement some sort of pigeon system.  In other words.  make reports from towns not so automatic.  A fee must be paid, turns given up to get reports from your towns.  In this way, you may not even know if a town had been taken right away.

If you implemented some sort of system for blocking and/or stopping these pigeons, it would add an even deeper level.  That way, just because your pigeons stopped coming, doesnt necessarily mean that the town had been taken, perhaps you would have to go check it out?

Maybe the world would also need to be bigger, Im not sure how easy it is to get around.  Also, it would be a hop skin away from having to send tax collectors and spend turns/gold just to collect from towns.  Perhaps these could be stopped some how as well.

This would give players time to collect, a special place to lick their wounds.  And be a thorn in the high level players side.  Cutting supply routes and stopping communication are great tools in any war.  It also gives rebels who cant afford to run a kingdom something to do.  I could see mercenaries hired to do these small things, and maybe they would be spared some land for a kingdom when the war was said and done.

If nothing else, more chaos is needed : ).

And of course, the simplest thing is to make the game MUCH MUCH more difficult.  : )

I have no idea if these are feasible or would even fit into the rule set.  I dont know a thing about owning tows, leveling parties or anything.  Im just highly interested in this game and most games dont START really until end game, whereas it seems this game has little for end game parties to do.  I agree, that politics should be the focus.  That dungeon-grinding should be preparation work (although enjoyable), but if the PvP elements are not in place, perhaps they should be the number one focus.

Humans will ALWAYS beat the computer.  : )

EDIT:  P.S.  Sorry if this is the wrong place for this.

Date Posted: 10 June 2013, 21:20pm
Hi... thanks for the comments... glad you like the game.

You raise some good ideas. I'm not sure I really have time to add much right now, but I'll definitely keep them in mind.

There is quite a lot to do at the higher levels (more than just dungeon crawling)... but it would be even better if there was a bit more war going on. I'm not sure at the moment if the reason for perpetual peace is the strategies of the current players, or the mechanics, but I suspect it's a combination of both. There's not really an obvious easy solution right now though.

Poster: swholmes@gmail.com
Date Posted: 13 June 2013, 01:25am
I think that many of the issues is because people like the status quo.  I'm just stomping around wiping out towns now, I hope Pelarn will join me and stomp up north - that will create chaos which makes people play more.

Date Posted: 13 June 2013, 05:09am
Well, I think the real problem is lack of active players. If there were a few more active players, there might be more competition to take over towns, leading to more wars. I've got some plans for a few tweaks to make it a bit easier to move up the lower levels, because it probably takes a bit too long right now. This might make people stick around a bit longer as they get into the game. Hopefully I'll get time to do this soon :)

Date Posted: 30 June 2013, 00:06am
New server available: http://blitz.crownofconquest.com/

:)

Poster: Weebi
Date Posted: 30 June 2013, 05:52am
Doesnt seem to connect =(

Date Posted: 30 June 2013, 08:12am
Try again... it's a new server, and has been a bit unreliable so far....

Date Posted: 30 June 2013, 15:06pm
Works now But its really slow. I am enjoying it though... a fresh start  ;D

Date Posted: 30 June 2013, 20:55pm
Is it consistently slow, or was it just for a while? One of the reasons for setting this server up is to try out a new hosting provider... it's been reasonably fast when I've tried it.

Date Posted: 30 June 2013, 23:48pm
Only in the beginning; however, after awhile of playing it moved faster then the server we have now. That might be because ours is cluttered with things that are going on and this new one isn't cluttered yet.

Date Posted: 30 June 2013, 23:51pm
Glad to hear it's faster.... I think the new server has solid state drives (whereas the current one is Cloud-based, which is pretty slow for Disk IO).... that should mean it's quite a bit faster, especially for things like the new day.....

Poster: strogg
Date Posted: 01 July 2013, 00:05am
Now there is more than one server does that mean multi accounting on the old server or even both servers will be stopped ?

Date Posted: 01 July 2013, 00:11am
Not right now... there are reasonable protections against exploiting the use of multiple accounts, so unless I see outright abuse it's fine for now.

Poster: strogg
Date Posted: 01 July 2013, 01:25am
So,if I have multiple accounts on each server its fine for now ?

Date Posted: 01 July 2013, 01:26am
Yep.

Date Posted: 01 July 2013, 01:56am
Yeah the new day went by like nothing happened on this one.

1 2 Next >>