Forum

<< Prev 1 2
Poster: Mutant
Date Posted: 30 November 2017, 19:15pm
Re: New player tips and questions.
[quote author=Kothyxaan link=topic=871.msg4273#msg4273 date=1511945479]
Couple Of Questions:

I read somewhere about a potion/scroll that will reset skills/stats, where do you find them (I think the Sage in town?) and what are they called (don't want to buy something and find its the wrong one, they eh.. cost a lot)?
[/quote]

Yes, it's the Book of Past Lives, available from the Sage. You can also find them in dungeons, although they're rare.

I also read that the tactics skill was cumulative (as in there was a benefit for each character having it - I am guessing each character with the skill has a chance of blocking an enemies escape).
Does strategy work the same?

Does the skill stack with town/garrison defence (I am guessing in this case itd only be the mayor or highest skill person)?
[/quote]

Yes, for both tactics and strategy, the bonus you get is aggregated across all the members of the group (including garrisons).

Also quest items can appear in any chest in the dungeon they are meant to be in (it is a random chance each time a chest is opened - so you may not find it on the first sweep, but could on a second)?
[/quote]

It gets placed in an actual chest. But the chest might be in a hidden room, so you have to check for secret doors.

Poster: Kothyxaan
Date Posted: 01 December 2017, 09:59am
Thanks for the info, and I eventually found it... not sure whose awareness skill kicked in, mine or my priests, but I saw today a door I hadn't opened before... strange I was sure I had used the search command on each room and stretch of corridor and that I had covered everywhere... I guess not :D

Date Posted: 04 December 2017, 11:45am
Another Question (I am hoping to run out of these soon):

Wilderness Towers (etc):
If you build one and leave it un-garrisoned what would happen to it?
Also do they add to the prosperity of nearby towns (by virtue of making them safer)?

Date Posted: 05 December 2017, 20:21pm
Ask as many questions as you like :)

Buildings in the wilderness will stay there if you don't garrison them. However, anyone can come and seize it.

Towns with less monsters around them tend to have higher priority, so garrisons near to towns will help them. Buildings don't help in themselves, but garrisons in buildings will be better protected.

Buildings are also integral to kingdoms, as they claim land for the kingdom.

Date Posted: 07 December 2017, 08:32am
Thanks and thanks :)

Date Posted: 20 December 2017, 09:55am
Another question (or two):

Upgrading weapons/armour is there a cut off point (I have noticed blacksmiths, esp of lower quality, give diminishing returns) to how much an item can be upgraded?
Do Upgraded/Enchanted items cost more to repair (I am guessing repair cost is based on item cost)?

Date Posted: 09 January 2018, 23:08pm
There is no hard limit, but the chances of the blacksmith being able to give you a bonus gradually reduce

And yes, repair cost is based on item cost, so they are more expensive to repair. Indestructible gear is pretty useful.

Date Posted: 12 January 2018, 08:10am
Thanks again.

<< Prev 1 2